11.17.2016

Empowerment Through Nature and the Outdoors is a Path Forward for Us All

Sunset hike in Yosemite National Park with the kiddos feeling the power of Nature and awe.

Within the swirl of these last couple of days, various groups and friends and outdoorsy colleagues have reached out to me out to collaborate and brainstorm and connect over forward thinking non-profit and and for profit ideas with the one common theme that is so incredibly inspirational I figured there just must be something magical in the air. 

Their idea? Empowerment. 

I actually ran to Google with my fingers and looked up the definition of the word as I needed to see and feel and make sure I understood the thinking behind their passion. 

My favorite definition is from businessdictionary.com: 
"...sharing information, rewards, and power with employees so that they can take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve service and performance."

“Empowerment is based on the idea that giving employees skills, resources, authority, opportunity, motivation, as well holding them responsible and accountable for outcomes of their actions, will contribute to their competence and satisfaction.”

Switch out the word Employee with Human Being and we’re good to go, friends. This is where we are today, and This is what we are up to these days.

These fired-up visionaries came to me to discuss using my experience and skills and passion for the Outdoors as a tool for Empowerment. With their overall mission being: it’s time to pay attention, it’s TIME TO KICK ASS and to educate and inspire and bring together communities to grow and help develop healthy people.

We are all in this together. 

With nature, we can heal, empower, enlighten. Stay tuned, my friends. A lot of swirling magic going on bringing us into this next phase with equanimity and purpose. And kicking some patoot.

Let’s do this!

Find me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @OutdoorsyMama to continue the fun conversation right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment