1.21.2016

Outdoorbella Magazine Connects Women Through Their Stories About the Outdoors

One of my favorite things about blogging is meeting passionate, outdoorsy people doing really cool, outdoorsy things. 

So say hello to Outdoorbella, an online Outdoor Women's Magazine that features kick arse women doing kick arse things. Founded by the fearless Stevilynn Tom - who has a back story we can all relate to of high-school awkwardness, weight issues, emotional roller-coastering, and using time in the outdoors to get away from it all - she trumpets and reinforces what all of we gals are looking for:

Connection. Support. Uplifting each other. Finding peace with our bodies for what they are and not what everyone says they're supposed to look like. Finding our space in the outdoors to heal and be strong and just BE. And finding joy and awe in life through nature and sharing our stories. 

THAT's what I'm all about, and that's why Stevilynn's story resonates with me and so many.

My favorite part of the magazine is the @Outdoorbella Instagram account. I'm laughing as I write this because, full disclosure, it's how we found each other. Stevilynn reached out to me to see if I'd like be featured. And I jumped at the chance. It's how I found out about the stories behind the gorgeous, outdoor photos and I'm way into that depth, looking wayyyy under the surface to find the quirky, interesting, deep parts of people.

So once again, as the old saying goes, "It's about the people, stupid." I continue to be drawn to that over and over...... The brave and real Stevilynn has created a space for us outdoor loving gals to share our stories with each other. And the universe. Pass it on!

-Annie @OutdoorsyMama


No comments:

Post a Comment