8.26.2014

Switchback Training for Hell Hike And Raft with my Loaded Teton Sports Pack at the 680 Steps at the Start of the Dipsea Trail

Training with loaded backpack.
Photo credit: reluctant but loveable tween groaning about the 680 steps this morn.

Took Big Bertha, my gorgeous Hiker3700 Teton Sports pack, out for her inaugural run yesterday. 

Loaded with most of the gear I'll be hauling with me for the backpacking portion of our Hell Hike And Raft expedition. The Dipsea Stairs were calling. Getting me ready for some switchbacks. 

No, friends, not the awesomely-named Vermont beer, Switchback. I'm talking gasping, back-and-forth, straight-up, jesus-will-we-ever-get there switchbacks that I know Hell's Canyon and it's 7 Devils have in store for us.

So I grabbed an initially reluctant tween from the house and headed out. She amazingly snapped a focused, decent shot of me and my new BFF Bertha heading up the second set of stairs. In between her negotiations of where she'll sit and wait for me to finish. Not!

Any switchbacks on your agenda today? See you at the trail-head!

-Outdoorsy Mama
"Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better." -Einstein

More interesting info:
Switchback Brewing Company
Win this Teton Sports Backpack at Hell Hike And Raft
12 Backpackers, 1 Horse, 1 Mule and the He Devil 


Disclaimer: Teton Sports is a Hell Hike and Raft sponsor. The backpack was provided to me at no cost by Teton Sports. All opinions are, always and forever shall be much to my family's chagrin, my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment